Code review for jigsaw/jake -> jdk9/dev sync up

Jan Lahoda jan.lahoda at oracle.com
Mon Nov 28 14:53:59 UTC 2016

Thanks for the comments Maurizio.

On 28.11.2016 12:28, Maurizio Cimadamore wrote:
> Hi,
> the langtools code looks generally ok. Few questions:
>
> * Why doesn't 'open' get its own directive in Directive.java - instead
> of relying on a 'mode' set on an export directive?

It seemed to me that having two directive interfaces in the API for
directives that have the same structure was unnecessary (as we don't
have MethodElement and ConstructorElement, but just ExecutableElement,
or TypeElement that represents a class, an interface, an annotation type
or an enum type).

If you think it would be better to have separate interfaces for exports
and opens, I am OK with that as well.

> * ClassReader: should we have checks regarding an open module containing
> no open directives in the classfile? This seems to be called out in the
> spec [1] - see section 2.2

I think such checks would be fine, working on a patch.

> * At some point we should investigate better sharing strategy between
> ClassReader and ModuleNameReader
>
> * Names.dynamic seems unused

Fixed:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jigsaw/jake/langtools/rev/8156e205fcb4