RFR: 8170297: runtime/SharedArchiveFile/LargeSharedSpace.java didn't run out of memory

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Nov 28 22:16:12 UTC 2016

Hi Jiangli,

On 29/11/2016 7:52 AM, Jiangli Zhou wrote:
> Please review the following fix for test bug JDK-8170297 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8170297>.
>
>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jiangli/8170297/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jiangli/8170297/webrev.00/>
>
> On some test platforms, the archive might be dumped successfully with the specified large size. Added an extra level of checking in the test. Tested with linux-64, linux-32 and aarch64.

I have a problem with this test. :) The test says "the size is too
large, exceeding the limit for compressed klass support" - so how can it
pass? Is there a limit or not? If this size is too small to fail should
we be using a bigger size? Does it need to be dynamic based on the host
machine? Do we need to calculate a size based on available memory?

Style nit: you added a few // comments but this test is using /* ... */
comments. The mix looks odd to me especially when comments run into each
other.