RFR: 8078644: CDS needs to support JVMTI CFLH

serguei.spitsyn at oracle.com serguei.spitsyn at oracle.com
Wed Sep 14 05:22:39 UTC 2016

Hi Jiangli,

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jiangli/8078644/webrev.02/src/share/vm/memory/metaspaceShared.cpp.frames.html

100 // Split into the core and optional sections
101 ReservedSpace core_data = _shared_rs->first_part(core_spaces_size);
*102 ReservedSpace optional_data = _shared_rs->last_part(core_spaces_size);*
103
104 // The RO/RW and the misc sections
105 ReservedSpace shared_ro_rw = core_data.first_part(metadata_size);
106 ReservedSpace misc_section = core_data.last_part(metadata_size);
107
108 // Now split the misc code and misc data sections.
  109   ReservedSpace md_rs   = misc_section.first_part(SharedMiscDataSize);
  110   ReservedSpace mc_rs   = misc_section.last_part(SharedMiscDataSize);
111
  112   _md.initialize(md_rs, SharedMiscDataSize, SharedMiscData);
113 _mc.initialize(mc_rs, SharedMiscCodeSize, SharedMiscCode);
*114 _od.initialize(optional_data, metadata_size, SharedOptional);*

   Should the *optional_data* have the *core_space_size* at L114 match
the L102?
   Would it be even better to useoptional_spaces_size() ? :

??? size_t optional_spaces_size = FileMapInfo::optional_spaces_size();
102 ReservedSpace optional_data =
_shared_rs->last_part(optional_spaces_size);
114 _od.initialize(optional_data, optional_spaces_size, SharedOptional);

Thanks,
Serguei