RFR: 8163014: Mysterious/wrong value for "long" frame local variable on 64-bit

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 09:13:22 UTC 2016

On 21/09/16 05:45, Ningsheng Jian wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> This patch breaks aarch64 build with:
>
> error: ‘wordsize’ was not declared in this scope
>
> I think it is a typo for "wordSize" at line below:
>
>  330   str(r, pre(esp, -wordsize));

Apologies for this -- it is my fault. I introduced the spelling mistake
when I transcribed my revision of Max's patch into email. I guess I
should have sent him a webrev but I merely wanted to highlight the error
in the AArch64 part of the patch.

n.b. Before replying to Max I applied the patch lines as shown above
except with correct spelling as wordSize and the corresponding test
passed on AArch64. So, correcting this typo should correct the problem.

regards,

Andrew Dinn