RFR(XXS): 8166765: [ppc] Port "8163014: Mysterious/wrong value for long frame local variable on 64-bit"

Max Ockner max.ockner at oracle.com
Tue Sep 27 20:34:15 UTC 2016

Goetz,

This change looks good. (I am a [r]eviewer).  I don't think 8163014 will
be downported.

For the record, I had pinged Volker on 8/31 and I pinged you on 9/2,
several days before I sent 8163014 out for review.  In the future I can
make sure to wait for a response before finalizing a cross-platform change.

Thanks,
Max