RFR(L): 10: JDK-8177728 - [TESTBUG] Improve CDS test utils

Calvin Cheung calvin.cheung at oracle.com
Tue Apr 18 17:51:08 UTC 2017

Hi Misha,

Thanks for the update.
Few minor comments below.

On 4/13/17, 7:33 PM, Mikhailo Seledtsov wrote:
> Jiangli,
>
> Thank you for review. I fixed TransformRelatedClasses.java to use new
> CDSTestUtils.
> Here are updated webrevs that address feedback from you and Calvin.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/8177728.01.top/
CDSTestUtils.java

338 // ===================== FILE ACCESS convinience methods

convinience -> convenience
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/8177728.01.hotspot/
BootAppendTests.java

76 // This test case is currently failing
77 // TODO: Resolve prior to the final review and integration
78 // log("TESTCASE: 2");
79 // testBootAppendDuplicateModuleClass();

Is the test scenario still failing?
Maybe file another bug to followup on this?

SharedStrings.java

47 // This also servces as a reference on how to use this feature,

servces -> serves

Below files have the same copyright year problem:

BootAppendTests.java
LargeSharedSpace.java
SASymbolTableTest.java
SharedStringsDedup.java
TestInterpreterMethodEntries.java
TransformRelatedClasses.java
TransformTestCommon.java

2 * Copyright (c) 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Need to keep the original year.

* Copyright (c) 2016, 2017, …

I don't need to see another webrevs for the typos and copyright year
changes.

thanks,
Calvin

>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/8177728.00.hotspot/
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/8177728.00.top/
>>>

>>> Here is a brief summary of the improvements:
>>> - create/use CDS utility methods for common patterns in CDS related
>>> tests:
>>> - creating an testlist
>>> - creating an archive, checking result
>>> - executing JVM with the archive
>>> - checking results and common error patterns
>>>
>>> - use -Xshare:on when executing CDS tests, and use test utilities
>>> to filter out failures due to inability to map shared archive.
>>> This is a more deterministic way to execute CDS tests.
>>>
>>> - additional improvements came up as part of this work,
>>> such as jdk.test.lib.Utils:getTestName()
>>>
>>> This work also lays ground for future improvements in this area.
>>>

>>> Testing:
>>> 1. Locally: executed affected tests on Linux-x64
>>> (hotspot/test/runtime/SharedArchiveFile)