RFR (S) 8193622: JFR test TestUnloadingEventClass.java times out intermittently

Markus Gronlund markus.gronlund at oracle.com
Tue Dec 19 16:41:19 UTC 2017

Thanks Coleen, looks good.

Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: Coleen Phillimore
Sent: den 19 december 2017 17:25
To: Markus Gronlund <markus.gronlund at oracle.com>; hotspot-runtime-dev at openjdk.java.net runtime <hotspot-runtime-dev at openjdk.java.net>
Subject: Re: RFR (S) 8193622: JFR test TestUnloadingEventClass.java times out intermittently

On 12/19/17 10:40 AM, Markus Gronlund wrote:
> Hi Coleen,
>
> Line 850 says: // Only constant pool entries have C heap memory to free.
>
> But, with the change, there is an additional else clause that seems to process klasses.
>
> Maybe remove the comment?

Yes, I meant to remove that comment.  Thanks.

> Also:
>
> Is the metadata is_klass() check sufficient in allowing for a direct downcast to InstanceKlass* (not Klass*?). Maybe only InstanceKlass'es will ever be on the deallocation_list in this context?

Yes, only InstanceKlass will be on the deallocate list.  I should change this and free_deallocate_list with a future RFE.  I used is_klass() because that's what free_deallocate_list had.

> In addition:
>
>   857        // Remove the class so unloading events aren't triggered for
>   858       // this class (scratch or error class) in do_unloading().
>   859       remove_class(ik);
>
> Does this not remove every klass? Not just a scratch or an error klass?

Only every Klass that is on the deallocate list, which are the scratch and error klass.   The other classes aren't on this.

Thanks!
Coleen