RFR(S): 8174856: [TESTBUG] Missing DefineClass instances

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 10:06:36 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Dmitry Dmitriev
<dmitry.dmitriev at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hello Volker,
>
> I think this can be simplified by using isComp() method of Platform class
> from jdk.test.lib package(test/lib/jdk/test/lib/Platform.java). Also, I
> think it is possible to specify VM mode in @requires tag(I think it's best
> solution to exclude test with "-Xcomp" flag), but I need to check that
> tomorrow.

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for you comments. I think you are right and I agree that a
@requires tag is the simplest and most effective way of excluding
these test in -Xcomp mode. I use @requires vm.compMode != "Xcomp".
Please find the new webrev here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/2017/8174856.v2/

By the way, is there an up to date list of all the available require
names? I only found
http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/tag-spec.html#requires_names but it
doesn't contain vm.compMode != "Xcomp" for example.

Regards,
Volker