ObjectSynchronizer iterate only in-use monitors?

Roman Kennke rkennke at redhat.com
Tue May 16 10:32:22 UTC 2017

Am 16.05.2017 um 11:48 schrieb Robbin Ehn:
> Correction,
>
> On 05/16/2017 11:45 AM, Robbin Ehn wrote:
>> Yes, but since we are at a safepoint you should be able to use gc
>> worker in that case also?
>
> or the java thread. And scratch 'also' :)

This clearly requires co-operation from the GC.

Also, I noticed that some GCs cannot do deflation during root scanning,
because they stow away mark words during marking, and temporarily store
forwarding pointers into the mark words, and only restore mark words
after GC. This obviously conflicts with monitor deflation. Which means
we need some GC cooperation there too... I will figure something out.

Roman