Review Request JDK-8164512: Replace ClassLoader use of finalizer with phantom reference to unload native library

mandy chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Mon Oct 9 20:17:36 UTC 2017

David, Peter, Alan

The VM has a fast path to search the symbol from libjava.so first for
bootstrap loader.  That was the case I mostly concern about performance
and it's not impacted by this change.   Also I consulted with Claes on
the performance impact.   I took your suggestion and made
systemNativeLibraries and nativeLibraries volatile.

Updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk10/webrevs/8164512/webrev.04

thanks
Mandy