RFR(S): 8185694: Replace SystemDictionaryShared::_java_platform_loader with SystemDictionary::is_platform_class_loader()

Jiangli Zhou jiangli.zhou at oracle.com
Tue Oct 10 21:38:55 UTC 2017

Hi Calvin,

> On Oct 10, 2017, at 11:53 AM, Calvin Cheung <calvin.cheung at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> I ran into some runtime issue when creating the _java_platform_loader before initPhase2.
> I've filed the following to track the above issue:
>    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8189120
>
> I'm going with the fix similar to version.02 - creating the system and platform loaders after initPhase3.
> updated webrev:
>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ccheung/8185694/webrev.04/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ccheung/8185694/webrev.04/>

This looks good to me.

SystemDictionary::compyte_java_loader() calls CDS_ONLY(SystemDictionaryShared::initialize()). The function name initialize() is misleading. Since you are touching the related code, could you please file a bug so we can clean up SystemDictionaryShared::initialize() API in the near future?

Thanks,
Jiangli