RFR(S): 8209164: [TESTBUG] Apply jtreg skipped status to cds tests

Mikhailo Seledtsov mikhailo.seledtsov at oracle.com
Thu Aug 9 22:53:21 UTC 2018

Jiangli,

   Thank you. This is a good idea.

I thought a bit about this, and this is what I plan to do:
   - leave isUnableToMap() as is, for compatibility and to have this
method is someone wishes to simply check that w/o throwing the exception
   - introduce a new method to CDSTestUtils, "void
checkIfAbleToMap(out)", which will do nothing if archive was able to
map, and will throw a SkippedException if the test was unable to map the
archive
   - update the rest of the changed files to use checkIfAbleToMap()

Let me know if you have any objections to this plan.

Thank you,
Misha