RFR(S): 8209164: [TESTBUG] Apply jtreg skipped status to cds tests

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Thu Aug 9 23:22:20 UTC 2018

Hi Misha,

I think you should change checkCommonExecExceptions to a void function,
since it now always throws or returns false.

That way, you can catch places that try to read the return value, and
fix these as appropriate. E.g., this in the Result class

             hasMappingFailure =
CDSTestUtils.checkCommonExecExceptions(output);
             hasAbnormalExit   = (!hasMappingFailure) &&
(output.getExitValue() != 0);
             hasNormalExit     = (!hasMappingFailure) &&
(output.getExitValue() == 0);

I think the Result.hasMappingFailure field can now be removed.

Thanks

- Ioi