RFR(S) 8206115 - Use shared macros for JavaClasses::compute_offsets and MetaspaceShared::serialize_well_known_classes

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Wed Aug 15 04:37:01 UTC 2018

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/jdk12/8206115_compute_offsets_macro.v01/

As I noted in the comments on this RFE, we already have a bug where
java_lang_Integer_IntegerCache was missing from
MetaspaceShared::serialize_well_known_classes.

To avoid such problems in the future, I added a new macro in
javaClasses.hpp,
BASIC_JAVA_CLASSES_DO, which is used by JavaClasses::compute_offsets and
JavaClasses::serialize_offsets.

For clean up, I also renamed all the <Class>::serialize() functions to
<Class>::serialize_offsets() to reflect what these functions really do.

The old MetaspaceShared::serialize_well_known_classes function is now
JavaClasses::serialize_offsets.

Testing with hs tiers 1/2.

Thanks
- Ioi