RFR [S] 8209647 constantPoolHandle::constantPoolHandle(ConstantPool*) when precompiled header is disabled

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Fri Aug 17 20:30:33 UTC 2018

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/jdk12/8209647-fieldDescriptor.inline.hpp.v02/

PROBLEM:

A few functions in the fieldDescriptor class, such as name(), use
constantPoolHandle inline functions that are defined only in
"runtime/handles.inline.hpp".

FIX:

fieldDescriptor.hpp is include precompiled.hpp, but we don't want to include
handles.inline.hpp there. Therefore, we need to create a new
fieldDescriptor.inline.hpp file to include the definitions of these
functions.

TESTING:

I tested with both pch and no-pch builds for debug and release on Linux.
Now I am running hs tiers 1 and 2 on mach5.

Thanks
- Ioi