RFR 8206424: Use locking for cleaning ProtectionDomainTable

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Aug 22 02:23:55 UTC 2018

Hi Patricio,

Actual changes seem fine - thanks.

I have a meta question about what we are doing and why. IIUC we're
trying to offload work from the VMThread at a safepoint, to the
ServiceThread not-at-a-safepoint - is that correct? Have we looked at
the amount of work this can generate in the service thread and the
potentially latency introduced for the cleanup actions? Also if the
service thread gets too much work to do it will delay the next safepoint
(as I'm not expecting these cleanup tasks to themselves encounter
safepoint checks).

And having just asked a question I have to apologise that I'll be on
vacation by the time you can respond to it. :) But the discussion can
keep till later.