RFR(S) 8209927 - Split appcds/sharedStrings/IncompatibleOptions.java into several tests

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Fri Aug 24 05:34:29 UTC 2018

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/jdk12/8209927-split-incompatible-options-test.v01/

We have several CDS tests that spawn a lot of child processes
sequentially and could take a long time. We should split them
up into several test cases to speed up test execution time when
the tests are executed in parallel by jtreg.

This also makes the tests less likely to timeout.

IncompatibleOptions.java is the first in the batch.

I also fixed a bug in the @run command. It used to be:

      @run main/othervm -XX:+UseStringDeduplication ....

The intention was to pass the -XX option to the child processes, but this
option ended up only impacting the main test process, which is just like a
shell script and doesn't directly touch any functionality that we want to
test.

The fix is to pass the -XX option as a command-line argument to the main
test, which then passes this option to the child processes via
TestCommon.dump/TestCommon.exec.

Thanks
- Ioi