RFR (S) 6909265: assert(_OnDeck != Self->_MutexEvent,"invariant") with -XX:+PrintMallocFree

coleen.phillimore at oracle.com coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Thu Feb 1 03:01:01 UTC 2018

There are two options (-XX:+PrintMallocFree and -XX:+PrintMalloc) to
print the calls and memory returned in malloc and free calls in the vm.
I converted the first one to Unified Logging which doesn't crash getting
the tty lock in the Thread destructor and removed the latter.  I don't
see the usefulness of this logging honestly, so if the opinion is to
remove this logging, I'd be happy to do so.  NMT seems much more useful.

Tested with NMT and tier1 tests, and wrote test.

open webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/6909265.01/webrev
bug link https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6909265

Thanks,
Coleen