RFR(M): 8196786: [PPC64+s390] ConstantDynamic support

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Mon Feb 5 20:22:25 UTC 2018

> On Feb 5, 2018, at 12:00 PM, Doerr, Martin <martin.doerr at sap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> thank you very much for pointing me to these os.arch checks.
> I've added them to the webrev (in place update).
>
> Unfortunately, they will cause merge conflicts with the aarch64 change.
> Actually, I'd have preferred failing jtreg tests over exclusions by such checks, but that's another topic.

Yes, a fair point though. We did not want the test failures cause noise for SPARC but i guess different CPU platforms might have different test policies in this regard.

Hmm... it seems the following incantation might work:

  * @requires os.arch != “sparc"

if someone else can confirm that is sufficient to avoid execution on SPARC platforms then perhaps Dmitry can update his patch and then there is no conflict.

Otherwise i am sure some polite “you go first, no you first” arrangement can be reached :-)

Paul.