RFR: 8197408: Bad pointer comparison and small cleanup in os_linux.cpp

Robbin Ehn robbin.ehn at oracle.com
Thu Feb 8 12:08:02 UTC 2018

Hi David,

On 02/08/2018 12:43 PM, David Holmes wrote:
> Hi Robbin,
>
> On 8/02/2018 7:03 PM, Robbin Ehn wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There is a bad pointer comparison in os_linux.cpp while looking at that
>
> You seem to be missing the fact that OSContainer::cpu_cpuset_memory_nodes() can
> return a pointer or an error code.

This is not true for macro:
GET_CONTAINER_INFO_CPTR

As far I can see?

It returns:
if (err != 0)
   return (return_type) NULL;
or:
return os::strdup(mems);

If you know a method that returns an integer in a char*, it's broken should be
fixed.

>> I saw some if statement were missing bracket, a lot of extra scopes and
>> complexity in the scoping.
>
> You'd better check all this with Bob Vandette as its his container support code.

Not sure what you mean. It passes container tests.

Thanks, Robbin