RFR: 8197429: Increased stack guard causes segfaults on x86-32

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 14:29:07 UTC 2018

On 10/02/18 00:41, Leonid Mesnik wrote:
> 4) Currently the correct way to use native libs is to compile it during build and use with -nativepath.
> See make examples here:
> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk10/file/tip/make/test/JtregNativeHotspot.gmk
>  <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk10/file/tip/make/test/JtregNativeHotspot.gmk>http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk10/file/tip/test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/jni/CalleeSavedRegisters <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk10/file/tip/test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/jni/CalleeSavedRegisters>
> So you might rewrite your test completely on java. So you could use requires tag to filter out unsupported platforms.
> Also logic of choosing platform will be slightly different.

I've done this, but I've been unable to figure out how to run the
test.  There are many places containing instructions, and all of them
seem to be out of date.  My usual technique of running jtreg from the
command line doesn't work.  I'd be very grateful if you could tell me
the correct incantation to run a single jtreg test form the command
line.  Thank you.

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer