(11) RFR (M) JDK-8186211: Negative tests for CONSTANT_Dynamic

Lois Foltan lois.foltan at oracle.com
Mon Feb 12 15:12:31 UTC 2018

On 2/8/2018 3:09 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:

>> On Feb 8, 2018, at 11:50 AM, Lois Foltan <lois.foltan at oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/7/2018 6:24 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lois,
>>>
>>> This looks good to me. It might be useful to embed the Java source (or byte code generator) that you used to generate the jcod/jasm which was then tweaked, if you think that’s useful then please don’t let it block this commit as it could be a separate issue.
>>>
>>> Paul.
>> Thanks for the review Paul!  Good idea, I have added the Java pseudo code as a comment to all the jcod files, the jasm files seem pretty straightforward.  I have also added @requires os.arch != "sparcv9" which will be removed once condy is supported on SPARC.
>>
>> New webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lfoltan/bug_jdk8186211.1/webrev/
>>
> Looks good.
>
> Out-band-feedback from me using "@requires os.arch != “sparcv9” indicated that the preferred mechanism would be to place the tests on the problem list with "generic-sparcv9”. For this case i don’t have a strong opinion as i know we will not forget. If you prefer that route can you also update open/test/jdk/java/lang/invoke/condy/ConstantBootstrapsTest.java?

Paul, thanks for a second review of these tests!  I'm going to leave
them as is with the @requires for now.  I have added a comment to
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8189916, Dynamic Constant
support for Sparc, to remove the @requires for both test/jdk and
test/hotspot condy tests once sparc support is complete.
Lois