RFR: JDK-8190187: C++ code calling JNI_CreateJavaVM can be killed by Java

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Feb 14 14:45:31 UTC 2018

On 14/02/2018 14:13, Adam Farley8 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> -- Short version --
>
> Could a committer please take the fix for JDK-8190187 (full code included
> in the bug) and:
>
> 1) Complete the CSR process for the new JNI Return code.
> 2) Commit the changes that contain (a) the new return code, and (b) the
> non-Hotspot code that handles the new code.
The patches attached to the JIRA issue are missing the changes to the
JVM TI spec (jvmti.xml). There is also text to be written for the JNI
spec if this proposal goes ahead.

I don't agree that the launcher should be looking for
"-agentlib:jdwp=help" in the command line as it's just one of many ways
that the debugger agent might be started (e.g. -Xrunjdwp:<options>,
_JAVA_TOOLS_OPTIONS, ...).

> Backporting would be appreciated, but is optional.
I don't think these changes are appropriate to backport as they include
specification changes/

-Alan