RFR(S): 8206408: Add missing CPU/system info to vm_version_ext on PPC64

Haug, Gunter gunter.haug at sap.com
Mon Jul 9 10:31:28 UTC 2018

Hi Martin and Volker,

Thanks for your reviews! I've incorporated your suggestions in an updated version.
To answer your question:

    Is it guaranteed, that PowerArchitecturePPC64 and
    VM_Version::_features_strings will be always initialized before they
    are called from VM_Version_Ext::initialize_cpu_information ?

Yes, it is. This is done at the very beginning of the initialization of the VM.

Here is the updated webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ghaug/webrevs/8206408.v1

Maybe one of you could be so kind and push the change?

Thanks,
Gunter