RFR(S): 8203664: JFR start failure after AppCDS archive created with JFR StartFlightRecording

Jiangli Zhou jiangli.zhou at Oracle.COM
Mon Jun 25 18:00:30 UTC 2018

Hi Calvin,

> On Jun 25, 2018, at 10:15 AM, Calvin Cheung <calvin.cheung at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> After some off-list discussions, I've modified the change to disable JFR and output a warning message during CDS dump time if JFR is specified.
>
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ccheung/8203664/webrev.01/
>
> warning message:
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: JFR will be disabled during CDS dumping

This seems to be ok. The behavior should be documented for CDS. If the change goes to JDK 11, then the release notes for JDK 11 needs to be updated.

Thanks,
Jiangli