RFR(L): 8197405: Improve messages of AbstractMethodErrors and IncompatibleClassChangeErrors.

Ningsheng Jian ningsheng.jian at linaro.org
Fri Mar 2 01:54:48 UTC 2018

Hi Goetz,

On 28 February 2018 at 19:41, Lindenmaier, Goetz
<goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The debug build of our nightly test showed an issue of our latest builds.
> Thus new webrev with change in throw_AbstractMethodErrorWithMethod()
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr18/8197405-ameExMsg/webrev.05/
>
> Besides the one problem in my test which is fixed by the new webrev,
> all nightly tests were green.

I am not a reviewer. Just eyeballed the aarch64 changes:

src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64/vtableStubs_aarch64.cpp:

209   __ far_jump(RuntimeAddress(SharedRuntime::get_handle_wrong_method_stub());

Another ")" is missing at the end?

Compared to other ports, the aarch64 invokeinterface should also be
updated. Since you've disabled the tests on aarch64, this can also be
fixed in another patch. CCed aarch64 people.

Thanks,
Ningsheng