[aarch64-port-dev ] Question: JNI critical native support is not fully implemented for AArch64?

Robbin Ehn robbin.ehn at oracle.com
Thu Dec 19 11:37:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

The lazy part of this, not taking the GC locker, instead letting the VM thread
do it while safepointing causes some troubles. The GC lock can be locked _after_
the safepoint have started, GC must thus abort the safepoint.
It relies on the _suspend_flags which we are trying to remove (in favor of
handshakes), so we need to do something about it.
If this is something the vm needs I would rather see it in Panama with a
different solution.
I need to test the performance difference, but if it's small I would suggest
removing it completely.

So before anyone starts implementing/spreading the use of this can we have some
time to evaluate?

Thanks, Robbin