RFR (S) 8212988: add recent class unloading events to the hs_err log

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:57:02 UTC 2019

Hi Coleen,

this is useful.

Why just InstanceKlass?

Why is the pointer interesting in the event log printout?

Since we pay always for this, how about offloading the format printf to
when the log is actually printed. You could use, as EventRecord payload, a
struct containing the strduped class name and its IK*. Then you only pay
for the strdup, not for the whole format printf, and not for the multiple
copies of the prefix text.

Cheers, Thomas