RFR (S) 8218851: JVM crash in custom classloader stress test, JDK 12 & 13

coleen.phillimore at oracle.com coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Fri Feb 15 12:04:25 UTC 2019

On 2/14/19 8:54 PM, David Holmes wrote:
> Hi Coleen,
>
> On 15/02/2019 2:58 am, coleen.phillimore at oracle.com wrote:
>> constraint table, also cope with unloaded but not cleaned out klass
>> in loader constraint entries.
>
> Pardon my ignorance but how can an unloaded class still be involved in
> a loader constraint?

The class can be not loaded yet, because we apparently add the klass to
the loader constraint table before the is_loaded flag is set.  It can be
already unloaded with concurrent class unloading because the table
hasn't been cleaned out yet.   I put interesting bits of the stack trace
in the bug report.
thanks,
Coleen