[8u-dev] Deadlock involving FileSystems.getDefault and System.loadLibrary

chengjingwei (A) chengjingwei1 at huawei.com
Fri Jul 12 06:50:20 UTC 2019

Hi there,

We got a bug report from our customers some time ago, the situation was the same as described in
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2018-January/050819.html

So we adopted the patch proposed in
and
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2019-April/059811.html

But after then, we've encountered 2 more issues:

1.       Win32 jdk would crash on a win64 environment when running AsynchronousFileChannel test in the jck testsuite

2.       Win32 jdk sometimes throw TimeoutException when running AysnchronousChannelGroup test in the jck testsuite

We are pretty sure that these issues came up right after we applied this patch. As for the  root cause, we are still investigating.
If someone is interested in these newly introduced issues, I'd like to post more details about them.