RFR(S): 8227692: Remove develop feature PrintMallocStatistics

Doerr, Martin martin.doerr at sap.com
Mon Jul 15 20:16:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

as announced on hotspot-dev, I'd like to remove the debug build feature for allocation statistics "AllocStats" (controlled by develop flag -XX:+PrintMallocStatistics).
I've closed JDK-8227597<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8227597> which was a proposal to reduce the performance impact of it, but several people have suggested to remove this feature which is even better IMHO.

Bug:

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8227692_remove_PrintMallocStatistics/webrev.00/

I've also taken over the reworked inc_stat_counter from JDK-8227597<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8227597> (allocation.inline.hpp).