RFR(M): 8227680: FastJNIAccessors: Check for JVMTI field access event requests at runtime

Erik Österlund erik.osterlund at oracle.com
Tue Jul 23 12:49:41 UTC 2019

Hi Martin,

The new webrev looks good.

Note though the following though... it looks like the AArch64 code
doesn't do appropriate fencing if the field is volatile.
The normal JNI accessor goes through thread transitions causing the
following semantics:
fence()
load
fence()
Which is more than enough for a volatile field load. However, with JNI
fast get field... it is insufficient.

Thanks,
/Erik