RFR: 8232211: Remove dead code from os.hpp|cpp

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Oct 16 02:37:56 UTC 2019

Hi Claes,

On 16/10/2019 12:00 am, Claes Redestad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Robbin pointed out a few additional things that seemed to be unused,
> including an unused createThread_lock Mutex

Ha! Yet another remnant of the ancient LinuxThreads support.

> and that _os_version is
> never read, which means initialize_os_info can go - too.

Hmmmm. This is the kind of information that could be used then not used
then used again on each release, depending on whether we introduce or
remove code that is conditional on the OS version. I guess we can always
add it back ... though I'm willing to bet that if we need this again the
person making the change will reinvent the code rather than resurrecting
it. :(