RFR (L, final): 8218626: Add detailed message to NullPointerException describing what is null.

coleen.phillimore at oracle.com coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Thu Oct 17 11:22:59 UTC 2019

On 10/17/19 3:15 AM, Lindenmaier, Goetz wrote:
> Thanks, Coleen!
>
> Finally jdk/submit completed.  I'll push now.
>
> I would like to update the JEP text with the latest
> changes to the message, also I would like to persist
> the example file in JBS.
> Do you think it is ok to still modify the JBS issue?

I think it's fine and I recommend making the JBS issue match the final
change.

> Once more many, many thanks for your help in
> driving the JEP forward, I would never have made
> it without you!

You're welcome!  Thank you for your persistance.  We should recognize
Alex Buckley for his enormous efforts in helping to make the JEP a well
written document that Java users can refer to when they experience this
new feature.  I think this will make the Java community happy.  Well done!

Coleen