RFR(L): 8226705: [REDO] Deoptimize with handshakes

Robbin Ehn robbin.ehn at oracle.com
Fri Sep 13 06:45:28 UTC 2019

Hi Dean,

unloaded happens in a safepoint (or with zgc after) when it is safe to unload.
Since we do not safepoint when creating a nmethod we know that methods marked
for unloading must have been created before that safepoint.
And if we can unload a method it must not be on any stack.
Sweeper can go directly from unloaded to zombie.

Thanks for having a look!

If Erik cleans this up a bit, that would be nice :)

/Robbin