RFR: 8242452: During module definition, move conversion of packages from native to VM

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Apr 16 11:17:28 UTC 2020

On 16/04/2020 00:04, Ioi Lam wrote:
> Hi Claes,
>
> This is very good optimization. I have a few nit picks:
>
> [1] I think the following is unnecessary. The original
> Java_java_lang_Module_defineModule0 and GetInternalPackageName
> function did not perform null check or type check. I think this should
> be changed to an assert.
It would be a bug if these JVM_XXX functions were called with null or
otherwise invalid values. So additional checks shouldn't be needed, they
would be just a safety net. That said, I thought the white box tests
covered these cases so that the JVM functions could be tested with junk
input to make sure that they were robust.

-Alan