Question about ccs reservation, CDS and aarch64 specifics

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 06:26:24 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 10:48 AM Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 4/16/20 6:51 PM, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
> > Good to know. So, zero based encoding does not have any special place in
> > your heart? 4G aligned base works just as well?
>
> Absolutely, yes.

Just occurred to me that aarch64 also relies on SharedBaseAddress being 4G
aligned. The default is 32G so it works out. If you modify it with
-XX:SharedBaseAddress, looks like the setting is ignored when the value is
not usable.

I guess that is all okay, maybe we just need to make it more explicit in
coding.

..Thomas