[14] RFR(s) : 8234173: assert(loader != __null && oopDesc::is_oop(loader)) failed: loader must be oop

Kim Barrett kim.barrett at oracle.com
Thu Jan 16 01:14:55 UTC 2020

> On Jan 15, 2020, at 3:01 PM, sangheon.kim at oracle.com wrote:
>
> CR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8234173
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sangheki/8234173/webrev.0/
> Testing: hs-tier1 ~ 5, jdk-tier1 ~ 3, test/jdk/jdk/jfr and test/jdk/jdk/jfr/events/oldobject for 1200 iterations

src/hotspot/share/jfr/leakprofiler/chains/objectSampleMarker.hpp
  70     // now we will "poison" the mark word of the sample object
  71     // to marked.

I think "poison" is the wrong terminology here now (and probably
before too).  Better would be to say we're setting it to "marked" in
order to quickly identify sampled objects.

src/hotspot/share/oops/markWord.hpp
  86 //    [ptr             | 11]  marked             used by markSweep to mark an object
  87 //                                               not valid at any other time

The comment here should be updated.