RFR(xxs): 8249748: gtest silently ignores bad jvm arguments

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Jul 20 12:54:12 UTC 2020

Hi Thomas,

On 20/07/2020 8:59 pm, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could I please have reviews for this very trivial patch?
>
> I found that gtest ignores invalid jvm options randomly since it relies on
> an uninitialized variable.

Is it really random? I would have expected it to be basically always
non-zero and hence always ignore unknown options. I'm not at all clear
if running of the gtests might rely on always ignoring
unexpected/unknown flags - does it have the capability to distinguish
product and non-product test runs?

I think this needs wider review from people familiar with how our gtest
tests are run. (I have no idea - I never use it.)