RFR(s) 8245060: remove copying of s.h.WB$WhiteBoxPermission in cds/appcds tests

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Fri Jun 12 00:04:56 UTC 2020

Hi Calvin,

On 12/06/2020 8:43 am, Calvin Cheung wrote:

> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ccheung/jdk16/8245060/webrev.00/
>
> Most changes involve removing the
> sun.hotspot.WhiteBox$WhiteBoxPermission from the following:
>
> @run driver ClassFileInstaller sun.hotspot.WhiteBox
> sun.hotspot.WhiteBox$WhiteBoxPermission

That bit seems fine.

Your copyright updates are wrong:

- * Copyright (c) 2019, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
+ * Copyright (c) 2020, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

They should be

- * Copyright (c) 2019, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
+ * Copyright (c) 2019, 2020, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
reserved.

> Two additional cleanups:
> - remove the unneeded SkippedException related code from the tests under
> dynamicArchive/methodHandles;

This is completly unrelated cleanup.

> - remove the JarBuilder.addInnerClasses method since its purpose is to
> add the sun.hotspot.WhiteBox$WhiteBoxPermission inner class.

I'm not clear how this relates either. Don't we still need to list all
classes to be added to the jar file? If this code is unneeded then it
must have been unneeded for quite some time now.

-----