Trust final fields in records

Janis Schöck janis at schoeck-netz.de
Tue Jun 16 09:53:25 UTC 2020

I agree that a grace period would probably cause more fuzz than it would
help.

But an alternative to the all-args constructor might still be needed to
set final fields,
since serialization APIs usually need to avoid them to stay clear of
side effects.
A constructor can do all sorts of things undesirable for deserialization.
One alternative might be an implicit static method parallel to the
constructor that
sets all field values, but does not execute any explicit constructor(s),
if present.
Sort of a 'raw' constructor.

- Janis