RFR(S)[16]: 8246477: add whitebox support for deflating idle monitors

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Mon Jun 22 16:35:32 UTC 2020

Hi David,

On 6/22/20 3:47 AM, David Holmes wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> This all seems fine to me.

Thanks! And thanks for the review of yet-another-monitor-subsystem fix!!

> A couple of nits:
>
> src/hotspot/share/runtime/synchronizer.cpp
>
> +     if (ret_code == false) {
>
> => if (!ret_code) {

Nice catch. Will fix that.

> ---
>
> test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/whitebox/TestWBDeflateIdleMonitors.java
>
>  27  * @test TestWBDeflateIdleMonitors
>
> @test is a marker. We don't/shouldn't write anything after it.

Will fix. I got that from test/hotspot/jtreg/gc/whitebox/TestWBGC.java
which I copied and adapted for this new test.

> 29  * @summary Test verify that WB method deflateIdleMonitors works
> correctly.
>
> "Test verify" is not grammatically correct.

Perhaps: Test to verify that WB method deflateIdleMonitors works correctly.

I'm sorry to say that I also got that grammatical error from
test/hotspot/jtreg/gc/whitebox/TestWBGC.java which I copied and adapted
for this new test.

I'll file a follow-up bug for test/hotspot/jtreg/gc/whitebox/TestWBGC.java
so that we don't lose those fixes.

Dan