RFR 8239782: CC_INTERP is only used by Zero interpreter

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Tue Jun 23 04:17:08 UTC 2020

Hi Coleen,

Cleanup is looking good but a few comments:

- if the bytecodeInterpreter is also zero-only can we rename its files
too? (I really find it hard to figure out which files are really
needed/used for a given build.)

- you are excluding shared templateInterpreter*.* from the zero build so
"#ifndef ZERO" is always true in those files.

- are the platform specific templateInterpreter* files already excluded
from a zero build? Otherwise they should be added to the exclude list.

- how were you able to completely delete:
   - src/hotspot/share/interpreter/cppInterpreter.cpp
   - src/hotspot/share/interpreter/cppInterpreterGenerator.cpp
?

----