RFR(XS): 8248219: aarch64: missing memory barrier in fast_storefield and fast_accessfield

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 10:44:52 UTC 2020

On 24/06/2020 10:38, Yangfei (Felix) wrote:
>   Suggestions?

Great catch!

Thanks for that, I completely agree. Please benchmark the two and
unless there is an advantage for the address dependency we'll go with
LoadLoad.  It looks like all of the ConstantPoolCacheEntry::set
methods use Atomic::release_store, so everything should be fine there.

Did you also look to see if we need similar memory barriers elsewhere?

We're going to need backports for all extant OpenJDK versions. Please
let us know if you can handle that too.

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer