[aarch64-port-dev ] OpenJDK extension to AArch64 and Windows

Mario Torre neugens at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 15:02:09 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 4:52 PM Dalibor Topic <dalibor.topic at oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi Monica,
>
> it sounds as if you're making good progress on porting OpenJDK to a new
> opertaing system/cpu architecture combination.
>
> Typically such efforts would become with a porting Project of their own,
> just as the aarch64-linux port did back in 2013 [1], as that allows a
> community of developers across organizations to start to collaborate
> around a shared repository, mailing list, etc. on a specific porting task.

Wouldn't it be easier to just consider this part of aarch64?

I don't think there's an aarch64-linux, just an aarch64-port/ that is
"cross" platform (although started as Linux for obvious reasons)?

http://openjdk.java.net/projects/aarch64-port/

I didn't read the patch yet so I'm sure you have a point, but just
saying, Microsoft could be joining the effort with the other
developers in the same codebase, which would be more useful (and
eventually anyway needs to be merged), unless this is so experimental
that we see a chance of breaking the mainline.

Cheers,
Mario

--
Mario Torre