[aarch64-port-dev ] OpenJDK extension to AArch64 and Windows

Dalibor Topic dalibor.topic at oracle.com
Fri Jun 26 12:18:25 UTC 2020

On 25.06.2020 17:02, Mario Torre wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 4:52 PM Dalibor Topic <dalibor.topic at oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Monica,
>>
>> it sounds as if you're making good progress on porting OpenJDK to a new
>> opertaing system/cpu architecture combination.
>>
>> Typically such efforts would become with a porting Project of their own,
>> just as the aarch64-linux port did back in 2013 [1], as that allows a
>> community of developers across organizations to start to collaborate
>> around a shared repository, mailing list, etc. on a specific porting task.
>
> Wouldn't it be easier to just consider this part of aarch64?

Sure, if Monica prefers to work on her port within the mailing list,
repositories etc. of the AArch64 Project, then that would work too, as
long as the Project Lead is happy with that.

Since there is no aarch64-port repository tracking jdk/jdk yet to host
the port's changes in development (and stage it for a later merge into
mainline once it's ready), I assume that's going to be the first step in
that case.

cheers,
dalibor topic
--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic
Consulting Product Manager
<tel:+491737185961>, Video: dalibor.topic at oracle.com
<sip:dalibor.topic at oracle.com>

Oracle Global Services Germany GmbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB 246209
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Herrmann