RFR: 8255914: [AOT] Using AOT flag should give warning when AOT is not included in build

Vladimir Kozlov kvn at openjdk.java.net
Thu Nov 5 05:06:55 UTC 2020

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 04:32:30 GMT, David Holmes <dholmes at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This all looks fine, but can you simply replace UNSUPPORTED_OPTION_NULL with UNSUPPORTED_OPTION_INIT and update the two existing usages, so that we don't have three versions of the macro?

Okay. I agree with that.

But, please, note it will change current VM behavior for these flags.
UNSUPPORTED_OPTION_INIT macro unconditionally set flag's value without checking current value and it gives warning regardless value specified on command line.
UNSUPPORTED_OPTION_NULL macro does not give warning if flag's value specified on command line is NULL.