RFR: 8256594: Unexpected warning: SIGSEGV handler flags expected:SA_RESTART|SA_SIGINFO found:SA_RESTART|SA_SIGINFO

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Thu Nov 19 07:50:09 UTC 2020

In the recent POSIX signal code cleanup (JDK-8253742) I misunderstood the role of the SIGNIFICANT_SIGNAL_MASK and removing its application causes -Xcheck:jni to report errors with the signal handler due to an unexpected bit in the sigaction.sa_flags field.

This fix restores the masking of that flag, for Linux only, and more clearly indicating what it is. I also augmented the flag printing code to show when an unexpected flag is present (and so avoid the mysterious "expected X found X" message).

See bug report for more details.

Thanks.

Commit messages:
 - 8256594: Unexpected warning: SIGSEGV handler flags expected:SA_RESTART|SA_SIGINFO found:SA_RESTART|SA_SIGINFO

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=1309&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/1309/head:pull/1309