RFR: 8256256: UL should not use heap allocation for output string [v4]

Yumin Qi minqi at openjdk.java.net
Thu Nov 19 19:27:20 UTC 2020

> Hi, Please review
>   Unified Logging uses 512 bytes buffer on stack for printing out message, above that will allocate heap for extra space needed. This may potentially may cause a circulation when we log the heap allocation and the log message is over 512. The max logging buffer size now is increased to 4096 and above that, output will be truncated.
>
> Tests: tier1,tier4

Yumin Qi has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Fix Copyright year

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/1246/files/9ee27c40..9a2f7b79

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=1246&range=03
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=1246&range=02-03

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/1246/head:pull/1246