RFR: 8256299: Implement JEP 396: Strongly Encapsulate JDK Internals by Default [v2]

Mandy Chung mchung at openjdk.java.net
Thu Nov 19 19:55:09 UTC 2020

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 17:16:22 GMT, Mark Reinhold <mr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this implementation of JEP 396 (https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/396).
>> Alan Bateman is the original author; I’ve credited him in the commit metadata.
>> Passes tiers 1-3 on {linux,macos,windows}-x64 and linux-aarch64.
>
> Mark Reinhold has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Remove unnecessary @module :open from ASN1FormatterTest.java

Marked as reviewed by mchung (Reviewer).

test/jdk/tools/launcher/modules/illegalaccess/IllegalAccessTest.java line 387:

> 385:                 "--illegal-access=permit");
> 386:     }
> 387:

I see `setAccessibleNonPublicMemberExportedPackage` test case testing with `--add-exports` and `--add-opens` and `Add-Opens` in JAR file manifest but not testing with `Add-Exports`.

Is it worth to include the `Add-Exports` test case?

Other than this, looks good.